Advertisement

Need Rockhounding Links

topic posted Wed, June 21, 2006 - 10:30 AM by  Lars!
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hiya everyboday. I need help. I've got a website partialy dedicated to rockhounding. I'm running out of links I can find myself. I have a huge list of rock digging localities around the world and the USA.

Do you have or know of any that are not on my list?

If you do, let me know. It would be a real help.

you can email me here or larsrocks@larsrocks.com

thanks and happy hunting!

www.larsrocks.com/rockhounding.htm
posted by:
Lars!
Portland
Advertisement
  • Re: Need Rockhounding Links

Sun, November 26, 2006 - 9:59 PM
    Hi Lars,

You have a good resource. Perhaps you might like to add our site - we run a sapphire mine in NSW Australia and have a section on our website for fossicking in the local area. Note that when looking for gems, we Aussies say fossicking rather than rockhounding so you will tend to find this term used more often on our website.

We are located in northern NSW and apart from sapphires, there are areas where you can find beryl (aqua and emerald/green beryl), topaz, zircon, garnet, quartz (citrine, clear, smoky, rutlated), tourmaline, gold and other minerals. Many of these are found in the old tin mining areas near Emmaville and Torrington.

www.aussiesapphire.com.au/shop/index.php

The section is still in progress with more to be added but there are maps and site locations with details of directions/possible finds, etc. Anyone thinking of visiting Australia may find it of interest.

cheers for now,
    Leah
    www.aussiesapphire.com.au

Recent topics in "rocks and minerals"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
gem and mineral shops in NYC Josh 6 November 14, 2013
New member check out the pics john 1 October 30, 2009
Ooops! BJ 5 October 12, 2009
What kind of stone is this? BJ 0 October 12, 2009